RXH HYbridChip - range extender and regenerative forceCode: HYBRIDCHIP
Product detailed description
HYbridChip is a range extender and fuel saver basing on altering dynamics of load applied to engine and EV motor via throttle control. No problems with warranty - undetectable by dealer. It is easy to install, as it uses factory plugs. It delivers following extensions to standard HYbrid4 car:
- gearbox jerks and struggles while moderate driving. Solved (much improved)
- Fuel (diesel) savings oscillate around 1l/100 km. ZEV range is about 15% better. How does it work? Originally there is no glide mode (N-mode on demand). Glide mode is when your car does not accelerate nor decelerate with regen – just roll like having no gear applied. As any energy conversion (from kinetic to electric and back) suffers from 80% or so efficiency, I have added gliding mode (when you release acc pedal, but keep it a bit pressed – easy to learn) and result is a huge range increase in pure EV mode (ZEV mode) – as observed in all other EV and PHEV cars.
- usage of EV is weak in auto mode. Car uses diesel engine too much, even if battery (1.3kWh) has energy. This is also solved, by correcting power demand curve and glide mode together. Now car uses no diesel engine while gliding and also using EV mode while typical driving (Auto mode on HYbrid4 dial) is increased.
- Regen level is dependent not only on acc pedal position, but also on speed of acc pedal release (derivative of pedal position). This solution seems to be a prosthesis of normal regen system with brake pedal control, known from Outlander PHEV. But in Peugeot 508 RXH regen braking is independent from brake pedal, and such manner of applying of regen level simulates it (if you take leg out quickly – this means you want to brake/regen faster. If slowly – then less regen). I have corrected this by removing this behaviour totally. Just if you take your leg from acc pedal (with any speed) – it means now – full regen. This increases EV range and saves fuel. Works perfect together with glide mode.
- No simple "charge" button to top-up the battery. I have added automatic load positioning at Sport Mode so switching to sport mode will work more or less like "charge battery" button - quickly load the battery till full.
- Option: +15 hp for diesel engine.
- What modelyears and versions of HYbrid4 cars is HYbridChip compatible?
All – Peugeot 508 RXH, Citroen HYbrid4, Peugeot 3008 RXH.
- Can it be detected by the dealer/car manufacturer?
No. There is no risk for warranty as it is undetectable.
- Is that difficult to install HYbridChip?
No. You can do that within few minutes, without any car modification. Box uses factory plugs.
- Is there any risk for battery?
No. Battery works with same maximum current as designed by factory. In fact, smoother power control and low speed reduced energy drain in HYbrid4 mode helps battery to be more durable (and thus - increases range). Using box is good for battery life.
- Is the range increased?
Yes. You will observe up to 15% better range in pure EV mode. This is caused by more sophisticated and precise electric power applying, added glide mode (N-mode on demand) and enthanced regen (faster full regen). Battery is not drained to lower level, than factory designed (around 30% of real capacity).
- Is there any gasoline saving in HYbrid4 mode?
Yes. Because of re-programmed throttle curve, you will notice better mileage. Difference depends on style of driving, but is easily noticeable – like 1l/100km less.
- Is that legal to use HYbridChip?
As there are no car permanent modifications, modifications of power, emissions, safety – there are no reasons for such solutions to be illegal (like for car alarms or other additional equipment).
- Can I return HYbridChip?
In additional to your Statutory Warranty (2 years) we offer a 14 Day Money Back Guarantee. If for any reason you are unsatisfied with HYbridChip, please contact us within 14 days of taking delivery, and organise to return the product and receive a refund. Product must be undamaged.
- I have another question concerning HYbridChip
Contact us via support chat.
- Do they have certification?
Yes, CE approval, E20 10R-03 2680